Eight reasons why we should be your home inspector....
- We won't scare you. CLICK HERE...factsnotfear.pdf.
- Golden Rule customer service. We treat you like family, not like a number on a spread sheet. Whether you're a first-time homebuyer or an experienced homeowner, we'll help you relax and guide you through the inspection process. We listen attentively, answer questions truthfully, explain things clearly, and act quickly to resolve issues.
- Our loyalty is to you. We appreciate the referrals we receive from realtors and others but we answer to you. We never allow anyone to pressure us into doing something that is against your best interests. The realtors and other professionals we partner with share our values and understand how we work.
- You receive added value. The unique InterNACHI "We'll Buy Your Home Guarantee" is provided at no additional cost. Click on "What We Do" to learn more about this amazing guarantee. You also receive a copy of "Now That You've Had a Home Inspection." This handy guide is packed with tips to help you keep your home in peak condition.
- Doing the bare minimum is not good enough. We follow Standards of Practice from the Commonwealth of Virginia and the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) but sometimes go beyond the minimum standards to give you a better inspection. For example, we search for polybutylene piping and use a thermal camera to identify problems that other inspectors might miss. Whenever we exceed the minimum standards we know exactly what we're doing and we never work above our knowledge or skill levels.
- We're "house detectives." An inexperienced or unobservant inspector may miss the connection between issues in different areas of the house. For example, missing or defective flashing on the exterior portion of a chimney could allow moisture intrusion into the interior walls next to the fireplace. Like a skilled detective, we know how to connect the clues we see to give you a complete picture of the condition of your home. The photos at the top of the page are from actual inspections and show issues we've uncovered for our clients.
- Our reports are user-friendly. Issues are described in clear, non-alarming language and identified by specific location so you and your realtor can find them easily. High-quality photographs and diagrams provide extra detail. Your report will clearly distinguish between minor and more serious issues and provide suggestions for corrective action. Reports are normally available within 24 hours after your inspection. View a sample report below.
- Our relationship doesn't end when the inspection is over. We can connect you with a network of trusted professionals to help you with your home maintenance needs. We are your home ownership resource for life.